11 October, 2013

24!

This year was such a wonderful birthday experience! I've never felt so loved and thankful for the many things in life. Definitely a good time to rethink, reconsider and redefine situations and lessons I've learned from my past and move on forward with a new refreshing age of 24! To start, Tim made this card for my birthday, due to my obsession with colorful pinatas, I really love it! And to celebrate, I held my birthday event at La Cuevita! A small but wonderful, whole-in-the-wall, divey, bat-cave looking bar in Highland Park near Pasadena, CA! Their happy hour is amazing, and the drinks are even more delicious! To top that off, they let me rent the back section of the bar, along with allowing me to bring our own food and cake! Free of charge! All in all, it fit about 20-30 of us; and on Saturday night's, they play 70s/retro music. We had a cool DJ chick spinning on the records with an awesome afro and style that of Solange! For the backdrop and props I brought along to my party, Tim and I found large metallic silver balloons, which you can buy at probably any party store, mini sparkler sticks in replace of traditional candles for my cake, my DIY garland (again with teal, pink and metallic tissue paper), and the blow-up pink dolphin from the 99-cent store! It was such a blast! Thank you all so much for bringing in my 24th with me!

No comments: